Here are 6 things you can do that help keep a smile on your face.
This video includes some mood boosters to try the next time you need to break out of your funk!
- Listen to upbeat music – Music can increase endorphin levels and reduce stress.
- Go outside – Fresh air and natural light boost vitamin D and improve sleep.
- Cuddle with a pet – Petting an animal helps decrease stress and lower blood pressure.
- Watch a comedy – Laughter sends happy signals to the brain that elevate mood.
- Move your body – Both aerobic exercise and strength training may help ease depression.
- Catch up with someone – Having coffee with a friend or loved one can lift your emotions.
Copyright 2021-2022 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: October 26, 2021
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Medical Review: Perry Pitkow, MD