These 5 stress-busting tips help you deal with rising stress levels.
Between rising inflation, world events and the ongoing pandemic, we can all benefit from a little stress relief these days. People of all ages are feeling stressed, anxious and depressed and it may be hard to avoid these feelings. If you’re feeling like this, you certainly are not alone.
Here are some tips for coping with stress today and every day:
- Take care of your body. Practicing healthy habits is not only good for your health but it helps keep stress in check. This includes eating well-balanced meals, exercising regularly, getting plenty of sleep and limiting drug or alcohol use.
- Don’t ignore your overall health. Knowing you’re healthy can help reduce stress levels. Keep up with anything you need to do to keep yourself physically and mentally healthy. If you have missed preventative appointments or screenings, get them scheduled. If you have pre-existing physical or mental health conditions, continue with your treatment. If you notice new or worsening symptoms, contact your healthcare provider.
- Find ways to unwind. Spend time doing activities you enjoy. If you don’t feel comfortable doing some of the things you used to do, find new hobbies or activities to keep you engaged, interested and busy. Deep breathing, stretching and meditating are also good stress reducers.
- Stay socially connected. Many people changed the way they socialize during the pandemic and some are finding it hard to get back to their pre-pandemic ways. Even if you don’t get together with people face to face as often as you used to, you can stay connected to friends and loved ones through texts, phone calls or video chats.
- Manage your emotional well-being. If these suggestions don’t help you feel better, talk to someone you trust about how you are feeling. It may also be time to reach out to a behavioral health professional for help.
Copyright 2022 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: January 25, 2022
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Perry Pitkow, MD