The Baton Rouge Clinic, the community’s premier provider of health care services, is committed to providing high quality care for our patients. Our services span all aspects of evaluation and intervention.
The Baton Rouge Clinic is pleased to announce our Imaging Center for Women, dedicated to the evaluation and diagnosis of breast diseases. We now offer state of the art 3D digital mammography or Tomosynthesis and Ultrasound in a comfortable and private environment. During your annual physical with your internist, we can also conveniently offer on-site 3D screening mammography services. At your request, prior mammography films can be obtained from outside physicians and facilities.
Top five benefits of 3D mammography:
1) More accurate detection: By minimizing the impact of overlapping breast tissue, 3D mammography can make a tumor easier to see. Reviewing multiple images can potentially help doctors find more cancers than with 2D images alone.
2) Earlier diagnosis: Overlapping tissue can hide small cancers in a 2D scan. However, with 3D mammography, the image “slices” can be analyzed one by one. This means 3D mammography may potentially help detect cancers earlier than conventional mammography.
3) Better detection in dense breast tissue: Dense breast tissue, often found in younger women, can cause shadows due to overlapping tissue, which sometimes hides tumors from traditional 2D mammography. 3D mammography takes images of the breast from multiple angles, thereby offering a cutting-edge look through and around breast tissue.
4) Less Anxiety: 3D mammography can help reduce false alarms. The improved accuracy in diagnosing abnormal structures offered by a 3D view of the breast decreases the number of unnecessary callbacks to women for additional scans and biopsies.
5) Safe and Effective: During a 3D mammogram, women will experience a negligible amount of additional radiation, compared with a standard mammogram.
The Baton Rouge Clinic is also home to one of the region’s only Board Certified Surgeon, Fellowship Trained Surgical Breast Oncologist, Dr. Everett J. Bonner, Jr. Dr. Bonner trained at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, which has been voted as one of the top two Cancer Centers every year for the last 29 years in U.S. News & World Report.
Some of the Breast Cancer Surgical Services that we offer are:
- Specialized treatment of every type of breast cancer with the latest therapies
- Personalized therapies based on the individual and the cancer’s specific genetic makeup
- Minimally Invasive Ultrasound, Stereotactic and Open surgical breast biopsies
- Second opinions
- Evaluation and treatment of benign breast disease to include: cyst, fibrocystic changes, breast pain, fibroadenomas, and microcalcifications
- Breast Cancer risk assessment
- Genetic Counseling and Testing (BRCA1 & 2, as well as full genetic panels)
- Specialize in Nipple and Skin Sparing Mastectomies, Simple Mastectomy, Modified Radical Mastectomy, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Axillary Lymph Node Dissections and Breast Conserving Surgery
- Chemotherapeutic infusion ports (Mediports/Powerports)
- High Risk Breast Cancer Clinic to include monitoring and risk-reduction breast surgery
- Oncoplastic Techniques and Hidden Scar Breast Surgery
- Male Breast Cancer Surgery and Surgical Treatment of Male Benign Breast Disease (Gynecomastia)
Along with providing the highest quality of care for our patients, the Baton Rouge Clinic participates annually in Baton Rouge’s Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This annual event increases awareness in the community and plays a large part in raising funds to help fight breast cancer. This past March we were the largest corporate sponsor, with over 100 Clinic employees and family members including physicians, nurses, and administrative staff, came out to raise awareness for the cause.