Certified Medical Assistant/LPN – Internal Medicine
The Baton Rouge Clinic, AMC currently seeks a Certified Medical Assistant or LPN to provide quality nursing care services to the patients of our Internal Medicine clinic and physicians. In this position the CMA or LPN will assist physicians with patient care, scheduling, injections, pre-cert procedures, referrals, Rx call-ins and phone triage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides patient care as a member of the health care team within scope of license.
• Follows nursing policies, procedures, and protocols and implements appropriately in the care of adult and pediatric patients.
• Provides instructions to patients regarding treatment plan, medications and follow-up.
• Communicates effectively with other members of the health care team including accurate documentation in patient medical records.
• Greets patients with a smile, completion of registration forms, and gives instructions
• Interview patients while recording and updating medical information (history, chief complaint) and medications etc. into the myChart
• Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
• Provides patient education with regards to medications and instructions set forth by the provider to manage their health
• Triages emergency situations
• Prepares and administers medications with physician authorization
• Refill requests and Prior Authorizations for medications
Work Site Location
Main Perkins Location
7373 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Basic Skills Required
• Must have at least 1-year experience in a clinical setting
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• A patient-focused work ethic
• The experience and skills to work in a medical office
Specific Skills Required
• Current Louisiana License
• Demonstrated, successful organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a ast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• The ability to effectively and proactively communicate, both verbally and in writing
Job RequirementsHiring Requirements
- Drug Testing
- Background Checks
- Baton Rouge Clinic Credit Check
2-Year College Graduate
Unit of Pay: Hourly
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; schedule may vary as neededAdditional Benefits
- Medical Insurance (Company pays 100% of employee only rate.)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 20% discount for selected services rendered at the Clinic
If you need further information, please contact Human Resources at (225) 246-9308.