Produces recordings of electromotive variations in action of heart muscle while patient walks on treadmill, under direction of Physician, to provide data for diagnosis of heart ailments by performing specific duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attaches electrodes to patient's arms, legs, and chest area and connects electrode leads to electrocardiograph, to obtain electrocardiogram.
• Explains testing procedures to patient and obtains consent form.
• Starts treadmill at speed directed by Physician.
• Starts electrocardiograph and records data such as angle and speed of treadmill, patient's indications of pain, and measurements of blood pressure and heart rate.
• Informs Physician of wave abnormalities on electrocardiogram.
• Stands alongside patient during test to lend support if necessary.
• Removes recorder strip printout from machine upon conclusion of test to obtain permanent record of test.
• Edits and mounts representative samples of tracings for patient's record, indicating time of test measurement and bodily factors that could have affected recording.
• Conducts electrocardiograph test of resting patient.
• Starts and discontinues IVs
Work Site Location
Main Perkins Location
7373 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Basic Skills Required
• Must have at least 1-year experience in a clinical setting (Telemetry and EKG experience preferred)
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• A patient-focused work ethic
• The experience and skills to work in a medical office
Specific Skills Required
Current LA LPN or RN license
ACLS certification required
Job RequirementsHiring Requirements
- Drug Testing
- Background Checks
- Baton Rouge Clinic Credit Check
Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Unit of Pay: Hourly
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p; schedule may vary as neededAdditional Benefits
- Medical Insurance (Company pays 100% of employee only rate.)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 20% discount for selected services rendered at the Clinic
If you need further information, please contact Human Resources at (225) 246-9308.