Here’s an easy frittata with healthy spinach and low-fat feta cheese. High in potassium and low in sodium, spinach is a super food that is packed with nutrients and great flavor.
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 packages (10 oz each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
12 large eggs
1/2 cup low-fat milk
2 red bell peppers, diced and reserve some for garnish
1/8 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and sauté the red bell pepper until slightly softened. Season with the salt and black pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach and feta.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch deep pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add the vegetables to the pan. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Top with the reserved diced bell pepper.
- Place pan in oven and bake until top is golden and center is set, approximately 40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Serving size: 1 slice (1-inch thick)
Per Serving: Calories: 197, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 292mg, Sodium: 365mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 14g
Copyright 2018-2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: April 16, 2018
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD