These healthy Rice Krispies® treats are made with creamy peanut butter. Turn them into a healthy Valentine snack by cutting out heart-shaped treats. No one will miss the marshmallows!
6 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- Lightly coat an 11 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies® and raisins. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, honey and margarine and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies® mixture. Stir to coat the cereal and raisins. Using your hands, press mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, covered.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 16 treats. Keep Rice Krispies® hearts refrigerated until ready to serve.
About 1 treat
Saturated Fat: 2g
Copyright 2017-2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: December 11, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD