If you need another reason to get enough shut-eye, here are 5 good ones.
A good night’s sleep helps you feel rested and energized the next day.
But it does so much more.
Watch this video to learn about these 5 health benefits of sleep:
- Boosts your immune system, reducing your risk of illness
- May lower your risk for health issues, like heart disease or diabetes
- Helps you achieve or maintain a healthy weight
- Enhances memory, concentration and problem-solving skills
- Reduces stress and improves mood
How much sleep do you need?
Adults need 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep each night. Kids and teens need even more.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: October 16, 2020
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Medical Review: Perry Pitkow, MD