Make this time the last time you quit smoking by following these tips.
Quitting smoking is hard…
…but the benefits are worth it.
Withdrawal symptoms are uncomfortable…
…but you can manage them.
Watch this video for 6 tips to help you quit smoking for good, including:
- Reasons – Think about why you want to quit and remind yourself when things get tough
- Triggers – Create strategies to manage emotional, social and other smoking triggers
- Cravings – Plan for substitutes to smoking when cravings hit
- Lifestyle – Exercise more, reduce stress and get enough sleep
- Support – Tell family and friends about your plan to quit and lean on them as needed
- Help – Look into nicotine replacement, medications, support groups, apps and counseling
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: August 26, 2020
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Medical Review: Perry Pitkow, MD