If you’ve seen your doctor recently, chances are you’ve received an invitation to register for Baton Rouge Clinic’s patient portal, MyChart. Although you might not be thrilled about taking the time to create login credentials for yet another website or to learn how to navigate the site, there are some really good reasons to do so!
Patient portals are one of the smartest, most convenient innovations in health care today. Although they vary in the options they offer here are a few of the ways you can benefit from using the Baton Rouge Clinic MyChart patient portal:
- MyChart saves you time. No more calling the doctor’s office, waiting on hold and then having a long conversation with the scheduler as you try to find an open appointment time that works for you. Just click on the day and time slot convenient for you to make an appointment with your doctor. You can also request prescription refills through MyChart, instead of going to the pharmacy and then waiting for the pharmacy to request a refill from the doctor’s office.
- MyChart is convenient. Through e-Check In, you can confirm or enter your insurance information and update your medication list or allergies from home rather than having to arrive 15-30 minutes ahead of time to complete it. You’ll also get convenient email reminders when you’re due for an appointment, test or procedure. In addition, most Baton Rouge Clinic doctors have the availability to do a Video Visit through the secure MyChart portal connection for certain problems.
- MyChart keeps you informed. Most test results are automatically uploaded to the portal as soon as they’re available, so you don’t have to wait anxiously by the phone. Often your doctor will send you a message describing the results of your test (or you can request a phone call) and you’ll also have access to the specific details of the test for reference. You can also easily see what preventative health measures, like screening tests or immunizations you may need based on your age or specific conditions you may have.
- MyChart makes communicating with your doctor’s office easy. Following your visit, your doctor can upload notes detailing what was discussed, tests or prescriptions ordered, recommendations made and reminders about follow-ups. You don’t have to try to remember everything the doctor said or take notes during your visit – it’s all right there in the portal. MyChart also allows you to send private and secure emails to your doctor if you have additional questions or updates.
- MyChart can help keep your health information organized and easily accessed. All of your health information, including visit notes, test results and immunizations, is neatly organized in one place. Many portals include charts that graph past test results so you (and your doctor) can identify any fluctuations that may be concerning. Your health record also includes information about medications you take and allergies you have. This makes it easy for you to provide any information needed to a new doctor you see – and allows your current doctor to easily access all past medical information about you during your appointment.
- MyChart may save you money. Many portals allow you to pay outstanding bills online. This makes it easier for you to remember to pay your bill compared to paper bills that may get lost in the mail or set aside and then overlooked. Paying bills on time helps you avoid any late fees or interest charges. You may also be able to set up an automatic payment schedule if you can’t pay the whole bill at once.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: August 12, 2020
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Medical Review: Perry Pitkow, MD