The Baton Rouge Clinic is among the nation’s leaders in high quality, high-value healthcare. And now we are working with Mayo Clinic. Sharing expertise to help you stay healthy and close to home when you need care.
This clinical collaboration will provide the Baton Rouge Clinic with direct access to the world-renowned expertise of Mayo Clinic. It will ensure that our patients, even those with the most challenging medical diagnoses, will receive the highest standard of care – close to home, at no additional cost.
Together, the Baton Rouge Clinic and Mayo Clinic are building a healthier community, a community that starts with a healthier you.
What it means for you, our patients:
Your Baton Rouge Clinic physician now has access to Mayo Clinic’s expertise, knowledge, and in-depth research.
Your Baton Rouge Clinic physician can consult directly with Mayo Clinic specialists.
As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, the Baton Rouge Clinic will work with Mayo Clinic to share medical knowledge and clinical expertise to enhance patient care. On behalf of our patients, the Baton Rouge Clinic physicians will have access to vital Mayo Clinic services and information, including:
- eConsults: An electronic consultation service that connects physicians directly with Mayo Clinic specialists when they feel additional input will benefit the patient.
- AskMayoExpert: An online tool initially developed by Mayo for its physicians to provide a concise resource at the point of care. AME offers disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations, and reference materials for a wide variety of medical conditions.
- Health Care Consulting: The Baton Rouge Clinic has direct access to clinical protocols used by Mayo Clinic. These protocols include Mayo Clinic’s knowledge of best clinical and operational practices.
- eTumor Boards: Live video conference of Mayo Clinic eTumor boards to promote educational and informal discussion on the management of complex cancer cases with a Mayo multidisciplinary panel and other providers within the network.
- Patient Education: Mayo’s library of patient education for use with the Baton Rouge Clinic patients. The material includes 2,500 pieces written to a 7th grade reading level with a percentage also in Spanish.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds: Presentations by Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists in a variety of specialties are archived and available for provider viewing and earning CME credit.
Some Mayo Clinic Care Network resources may not be available
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
The Mayo Clinic Care Network is a select group of independent health systems carefully vetted by Mayo Clinic and granted special access to Mayo’s knowledge, expertise and resources. As part of the network, the Baton Rouge Clinic physicians can quickly access Mayo’s latest research, diagnostic and treatment resources whenever they feel it will benefit their patients. Additionally, collaboration with Mayo Clinic will help the Baton Rouge Clinic achieve its goal to improve the delivery of health care.
Why did Mayo Clinic choose the Baton Rouge Clinic to join the Network?
The Baton Rouge Clinic was selected to join the Mayo Clinic Care Network by demonstrating a commitment to the highest quality, patient-centered care. In addition, the Baton Rouge Clinic passed Mayo’s comprehensive evaluation process that included an in-depth review of its organization, its clinical and business practices, and its quality, safety and service efforts.
What does it mean for Baton Rouge Clinic physicians and their patients?
With the ability to access Mayo Clinic’s research, diagnostic and treatment resources, Baton Rouge Clinic physicians will be able to treat more of their patients close to home. Anytime they want to discuss a treatment plan or request a second opinion, they can consult directly with Mayo Clinic’s specialists, at no additional cost to their patients. This way, Baton Rouge Clinic physicians can combine their understanding of their patient’s unique medical needs with Mayo Clinic’s resources to develop the best treatment plan for them.
What resources are available to the Baton Rouge Clinic through the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
Physicians and other care providers can access a range of clinical resources from Mayo Clinic to benefit their patients, their practice and their ongoing professional development:
- AskMayoExpert – An online medical reference tool that offers disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations, patient education and reference materials for a wide variety of medical conditions.
- eConsults – An electronic consultation service that connects doctors directly with Mayo Clinic specialists when they feel additional input will benefit their patient.
- eBoards – Live video conferences to promote educational and informal discussions on the management of complex cases with a Mayo multidisciplinary panel and other providers within the network.
- Mayo Clinic Patient Education – A library that includes patient education materials within AskMayoExpert and a selection of patient education videos online.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds – Archived presentations by Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists in a variety of specialties are available on-demand for viewing and earning CME credit.
- Health Care Consulting – A program designed to share Mayo’s experience and expertise and help us achieve desired levels of operational, financial and patient care excellence.
Will Mayo Clinic Physicians work at the Baton Rouge Clinic?
No. When the Baton Rouge Clinic physicians want clinical advice or have questions about complex patient care, they can quickly connect with Mayo Clinic specialists to consult with them.
Can I request a consultation or second opinion with a Mayo Clinic Physician?
Typically Baton Rouge Clinic physicians will request the consult with Mayo Clinic if it will benefit their patient’s care. If patients are experiencing anxiety about their condition and would like a second opinion, they are advised to talk to their doctor about requesting one. It can be done easily – at no additional cost – and without travel to another location. The doctor and patient can then discuss the best treatment plan
Is the Baton Rouge Clinic being purchased or can they be purchased by Mayo Clinic?
No. This agreement is not an acquisition or merger. Mayo Clinic Care Network members like the Baton Rouge Clinic will remain independent health care providers dedicated to serving the needs of their communities.