What we offer:
- Two Genius 3D Mammography machines
- Bone Density Scanning (DXA for Osteoporosis)
- Separate waiting area for women inside the imaging center
- Private in-suite dressing rooms
Together we can ensure your healthiest future possible
- 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- 8 out of 9 women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history
- With early detection, the five-year survival rate is almost 100%
Our Imaging Center for Women has two Genius 3D Mammography machines.
What are the five benefits of 3D Mammography?
1. More accurate detection: By minimizing the impact of overlapping breast tissue, 3D mammography can make a tumor easier to see. Reviewing multiple images can potentially help doctors find more cancers than with 2D images alone.
2. Earlier diagnosis: Overlapping tissue can hide small cancers in a 2D scan. However, with 3D mammography, the image “slices” can be analyzed one by one. This means 3D mammography may potentially help detect cancers earlier than conventional mammography.
3. Better detection in dense breast tissue: Dense breast tissue, often found in younger women, can cause shadows due to overlapping tissue, which sometimes hides tumors from traditional 2D mammography. 3D mammography takes images of the breast from multiple angles, thereby offering a cutting-edge look through and around breast tissue.
4. Less Anxiety: 3D mammography can help reduce false alarms. The improved accuracy in diagnosing abnormal structures offered by a 3D view of the breast decreases the number of unnecessary callbacks to women for additional scans and biopsies.
5. Safe and Effective: During a 3D mammogram, women will experience a negligible amount of additional radiation, compared with a standard mammogram.
How the Genius 3D Mammography works
The Baton Rouge Clinic is home to one of the region’s only fellowship-trained breast cancer surgeons:
The Baton Rouge Clinic, the community’s premier provider of health care services, is committed to providing high quality care for our patients. Our services span all aspects of evaluation and intervention….