When you reach a milestone in your cancer journey, you deserve to celebrate!
Each person’s journey with cancer is different, but one stop along the way that’s always worth celebrating is the moment you know you’re cancer-free. Some people also look forward to celebrating other milestones, including the end of treatment or the anniversary each year of beating cancer – sometimes referred to as a cancerversary.
No matter what you’re celebrating, you deserve to make your celebration extra special. Here are a few meaningful ways to commemorate the occasion.
- Spend time with your people. Whether family or friends, in big groups or small, celebrating a cancer milestone is made sweeter when you do it with those you love. The type of celebration you plan is completely up to you, but having people with you who mean the most and have been there to support you along the way can go a long way in making the celebration extra special.
- Pamper yourself silly. Sometimes celebrations are best enjoyed alone. If you just want to take a moment to yourself to reflect and rejoice in all you have been through as you look forward to the future, go for it. You may want to treat yourself to a spa day or take yourself out on a date. Do whatever makes you happy and enjoy the day – after all, it should be all about you.
- Create a theme. If you are having a party or get-together, you may want to plan around a theme as a way to take the festivities to the next level. You can decorate in a specific color, print up shirts with a favorite saying or have food or party favors that have a special meaning to you.
- Remember your medical team. One way to commemorate a special day in your cancer-free life is to go back to visit the medical team that helped you along your journey. If you can’t visit in person, you may want to send cookies, balloons, flowers or cards to show your appreciation for all they did for you. You can be sure that it will brighten their day as well as yours.
- Look back and plan forward. You’ve come so far and accomplished so much along the way. Although you may not want to look back on all you’ve been through, think about how strong and brave the experience has made you. Reflecting on the past and what has gotten you to this day is a great stepping stone to start planning how you want to move forward as you celebrate life. Make new goals and go for it – you can do anything you set your mind to!
Copyright 2023 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Health eCooks® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: December 19, 2023
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Learn more about Baldwin Publishing Inc., , and .
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these.