Give your Halloween party guests a tasty fright with these creepy crawly Spider Deviled Eggs! Filled with light and fluffy yolks and adorned with olive “spiders,” you and your guests won’t believe their eyes (or taste buds)!
12 large eggs
24 reduced sodium black olives
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp minced shallots
1/2 tsp sriracha sauce, optional
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
2 chopped scallions, for garnish (optional)
Smoked paprika, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cover eggs with cold water. Add ¼ tsp of Kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. While the eggs sit, fill a large bowl with cold water and a handful of ice cubes. Remove the eggs from the saucepan using a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice bath.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, shallot, sriracha and black pepper.
- Remove the eggs from the ice bath, carefully peel them and halve them lengthwise. Remove the yolks, setting the whites aside, and place the yolk in the bowl with the yogurt mixture. Mash yolks with a fork until smooth.
- Transfer the yolk mixture in a zip-top plastic bag and seal. Snip a ¼-inch hole in 1 corner of the bag. Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Set aside.
- Slice 12 olives in half lengthwise. Place the olive halves cut side down in the center of the yolk mixture for the “body” of the spider. Set aside.
- Slice the remaining 12 olives in half lengthwise; cut each half into 4 strips widthwise; then cut each strip in half widthwise. Place 8 pieces of olive on each side of the “bodies” on the yolk mixture to form the “legs.”
- Sprinkle with chopped scallion and smoked paprika just before serving, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- 2 egg halves
Copyright 2023 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Health eCooks® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: August 19, 2023
Editorial Review: Adam Fisher, Recipe & Content Manager, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Learn more about Baldwin Publishing Inc., , and .
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooks® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooks® product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooks® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooks® product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these.